Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Claire moves in to UNC

The day after Raymond's graduation, I woke up very early and drove down to UNC Chapel Hill to help Claire finish moving in to her dorm!  She and my parents had gotten there the night before and were able to move most of her stuff in early, but they hadn't really set anything up!  That's where I came in!  I think I was mostly there to keep things calm, they had all been stressed about the packing and everything for a few weeks as they tried to make sure she had everything, so at that point everyone was tired.  Surprisingly, I was excited and energized despite the craziness in my own life and move!  I was just excited to see Claire at school finally and was soaking up the little time I had with her!  
I have a lot of pictures, so I'll let them do most of the talking! ;)

Claire in her room

The bathroom for the suite!  8 girls, one shower, one toilet, two sinks!  AHH!


Mom and Dad putting things together.


Claire and all her UNC swag!  Love that Carolina Blue!


A little sad.


The pretty courtyard outside her building.


Claire in the Library!


The sign for her dorm!


Pretty Ladies!


                                                       


We're sad because we miss her and wish that she was still that little truck driver with her foofie and Blankie!  But we're mostly excited because we can see what an awesome young woman she is and how wonderful this school is going to be for her!  We love you Claire Bear!  We're so proud of you! :)

No comments: