Monday, November 25, 2013

Catching up... End of Summer, Beginning of Fall

This is going to be a big one.  I hope you go through all of it, but I understand if it's too long.  Since I have been so far behind, this will hopefully catch up to our Bar Harbor trip.  I have all week off of work, so I'm hoping to get all the way caught up during Robert's naps, but we'll see. 


First off, our trip to Atlanta over Labor Day weekend.  We got to see Claire's new house, tour Granddaddy's old campus, and visit with lots of family.


At the pig pickin'

Robert was not sure about the fish

Us!

Dad and four of his beautiful cousins!

3 Generations of cousins

Telling stories

Love these boys!

:)

The next day we went to the aquarium

Robert was fascinated!

Watching the otters play

Going through the tube under the penguin exhibit

Aunt Claire and Robert popping up among the penguins!

:)


So glad we got to spend time with Claire!

Practicing his drumming skills at Phillip and Brenda's house

Next, we met up with the Hassmers in Fredericksburg for dinner and of course Krispy Kreme Doughnuts!
Very impressed that we got at least a few pictures of all three boys!


:)


Another weekend, we went to the DC zoo with my parents for the day.  We saw lots of animals, and Robert was intrigued by all of them, especially the birds and apes.  Then, when it started to rain Robert and Mommy rode the carousel.
At first he wasn't sure


But then the more we went around and he saw everyone cheering him on, he started to get into it!



So much fun!

Then, another day we took our little family to the apple orchard to pick our apples and get some family pictures!
He knew exactly what to do when he picked that first apple!

Little stud

:)

Miraculous family picture with everyone looking!

:)

These few are so special, I couldn't pick just one.

Favorite!





Just us!

Precious boy!

Another day we went back to get more apples with Nana and Granddaddy!  Robert loved playing on the playground when he had it all to himself!
Driving the tractor


Surveying his domain

Hanging out in the trees!


He's looking so grown up these days!

We were also able to go to Woodstock to see Grandma and go over to the firehouse's open house.  Robert could hardly contain himself around all those trucks!


Daddy and Robert got to ride up front!

He was so excited!

He wanted Mommy to come too!  So sweet!






Waving to Mommy!

He had so much fun!

Posing!

With Daddy and the antique truck!

Gorgeous!




Totally in his element!

Love watching these two together!

Getting sweets from Grandma!

Robert was so excited to get to bring Daddy to school with us for Sundaes with Dad, one of our school traditions! 
That's one proud Daddy!

Robert really loves baby Jenna

He was showing her off to Daddy! :)

Let's talk about how cute Robert's girlfriend Katherine is!  Love her!

Oh you know, just reading books together at the table.



They're getting so grown!

Early in October we went down to Charlottesville for Uncle Michael's birthday party.  It was so nice to get to see everyone and celebrate together!

Party!

Coolest cake designed by Aunt Lizzy!

Birthday boy with his presents!

Photo bomb professionals!



They should get an award for these photo bombs!


Alrighty, so that's getting us pretty caught up.  Hopefully, tomorrow I will be able to share our Bar Harbor trip.  That one will also be pretty big, but I promise it will be worth it because the pictures are so beautiful!  I am so grateful that you all bear with me when I fall behind and continue to keep up with our lives.  I hope that everyone is happy and healthy and enjoying life!

No comments: