Saturday, November 30, 2013

Bar Harbor 2013

So, not when I planned, but at least it's within the week!  I have been so excited to share these pictures with everyone, and I'm so bummed that it's taken so long.  But here they are, so I hope you enjoy them as much as we enjoyed taking them.

Our first night in town it was misty and created this awesome fog! 

Raymond got this awesome shot of Main Street

Robert really enjoyed sharing my blueberry ice cream!



This shot could possibly be my favorite from the whole trip.  It was a collaborative effort:  My idea, Raymond's execution!  We're quite a team! ;)


Love these that Raymond took!


The next day the sun was out and the color was electric!

One of many attempts at a family photo

I couldn't resist this awesome birch tree!

We are quite a good looking family! :)

Love!

Exploring the leaves along the bridge


Jordan Pond:  One of our favorite places!


Looking up, it was almost like stained glass!

Can't resist showing off his awesome belly! ;)

Us!

:)
Over one side of the bridge.  (my view)

Other side of the bridge: (Raymond's view)

Raymond again.  Love!

Then we went to Thunder Hole.  I never get tired of seeing the ocean right up against the rocks!

This is another favorite, and it's definitely going in Robert's room!

Family photo on the cliff

So gorgeous!

:)

Then we went up to the top of Cadillac Mountain.

Love my boys!

So much to explore!

These came out so cool considering how long I had to lay on my side waiting for people to move to get them! ;)


We also made our way to the sandbar one night to get some more family photos.  This holdaway could be my favorite!

Tala is so pretty!

Family on the sandbar!

Kisses!

Daddy and Tala went and chased the seagulls!

Poor Robert got cold, so I wrapped him in my sweater and snuggled him tight!  Love that Raymond captured this moment!

Then we ended up playing the cutest game of hide and seek ever!



So glad we caught this!

Curious boy checking out a nearby back yard!



Loved this one flower on this vine wrapped around the fence!

On our way to dinner... Precious!

On our last full day, we got up super early to try to see the sunrise on the top of Cadillac Mountain.  Unfortunately, there was so much fog that we couldn't even see when the sun came up.  This cracks me up because I'm sure Robert was probably thinking he had the craziest parents to wake up before dawn to sit in the cold rain on a mountain! ;)

Favorite picture of Tala, who was of course totally unfased by the fog and rain!

Later that day we went back to Jordan Pond with our friends whose cruise ship docked in town that morning.

I'm so glad I was able to take some pictures of them before they headed back to their ship.

It was a beautiful evening!




Btw, they needed no guidance, they were total naturals!





Also very thankful that Laura offered to get some pictures of us so we didn't have to use the tripod.

Can't beat the fall color in this one!

A vacation to remember!  Also, note my untied shoe courtesy of my sneaky son! ;)

Oh man, I couldn't have asked for a better setting!


Perfect!


Silly goose took the remote for the camera!



announce
He had a lot to say!

Love this that Raymond took of a ship in the harbor!

Precious curiosity!



Silly boy walking on a cannon!

Loved getting to share one of our favorite places with our favorite little guy!
Until next time Bar Harbor:  We'll miss you!

No comments: