My Grandma had such a giving heart and was always giving to her friends and family, and to those in need. She was strong in her faith and I have no doubt that she spent this past Easter with the One whose life we celebrate on that day! She was an incredibly lucky person also. She was always finding money, and she could play Bingo like no one I know. She also made the best tacos I have ever tasted and try as I might, I will never be able to duplicate them.
One thin I am thankful for is that Raymond got to meet her a few years ago when we went down with my mom before we were even engaged! It was wonderful because as we walked out to the car, she took his hand like she had known him for years. She was just that kind of person, she saw the good in everyone, she saw their hearts. That is something that I will try to emulate better in my own life.
She was a drop dead gorgeous woman throughout her life. And if you ask me I'll tell you the story of how she caught my Grandpa's eye! (quite scandalous!) ;)
Here are just a few pictures of this beautiful woman. We will never forget her and we will always miss her, but we are thankful for having been blessed to have her in our lives for as long as we did.


She was a hot tamale!

My mom and Grandma on her wedding day!

She always had a smile on her face!

Little Julia with Grandma and Grandpa

Little Claire

Us in our duck shirts!

With my cousin Adrina when she was little.

Always the best lookin' couple wherever they went!

A Beautiful Woman, A Beautiful Life...
Although this was a mostly sad visit to Florida. We did have fun visiting and reconnecting with family and old friends.
Everyone listening raptly as Grandpa tells a story!
Beautiful Adrina coloring Easter eggs.
All of her watches!
Her room was full of jewelry and all kinds of treasures.
Like this picture Grandpa had made for his mother. We also found one that he had made for Grandma probably when he was overseas in the War.
Ooh la la Grandma! Needless to say, we had a lot of fun going through some of this stuff all together!
It's up to you now mom, to carry on the legacy! ;)
Grandpa overseeing our progress.
She had the most colorful wardrobe!
Adrina out by the pool.
Aunt Gloria
My Uncle David, my mom's little brother.
Fl. is too hot for me, but it is beautiful!
After the funeral, we went to the Eagles' club. They set up Grandma's favorite bar stool with her drink and her Gone to P card that she would put out at the slot machine to save her place!
What a special woman!
2 comments:
Julia, I'm so sorry to hear that your Grandmother passed away. She sounds like a wonderful person, and I'm glad to hear that she is with our Father.
She seemed like a classy lady and I can imagine she is having a blast with her Savior. I want to hear the scandalous story of how she turned your grandpa's eye!
Post a Comment