Thursday, April 30, 2009

A new addition

We bought a grill last weekend!  We've been wanting to do this for awhile, and we finally went ahead and made it happen.  We went to Lowe's last Saturday and found the grill that we had previously looked at, and said wrap it up!  Oh, but the best part of the story comes after we paid for it, and got it out to the car in the loading zone!  
We brought my little Corolla, and ambitiously believed that it would fit in the trunk.  However, we were incredibly wrong!  So, because we were determined not to pay for one of their trucks to take it to our house, we got crafty.  Raymond whipped out his box cutter, and tore the box apart.  Then we put the individual smaller boxes in the trunk and the grill head went in the back seat!  I wish we had gotten a picture of that!  Believe me it was pretty awesome!  Just goes to show that us Fosters can do anything! ;)

So here is the grill in pieces all over our kitchen!


Ready for action!


Aaaand, 19 steps later.... DONE!




So, our first meal on the grill, which was the night we built it, was the classic burger!  They were the best burgers I have had in a loong time!  We did not take pictures of that, however, because they were too good, and we weren't able to think about anything else all night!  Our second meal, was a little more exotic and exciting!  We made cornish game hens, which we've previously baked, and veggie kabobs!

Yumm!


Our pretty table with the luscious spread! ;)


Now while I think that these next two are awesome, I do have to apologize ahead of time to my mom, who does not like any kind of meat on bone.

Before...


After!!


Now, these next three have nothing to do with the grill, but they're cute and random, and I'm putting them in here because I don't want to do a separate post just for them.

'No pictures please!'


This just proves to the world that we are totally weird, and totally in love!



Heads up!  I got this post done now because the craziness of the Apple Blossom Festival is this weekend and I know I'm going to have tons to post!  Get ready for some crazy fun!  We do it up right here in Winchester! ;)

No comments: