Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Birthdays, Anniversaries and Fireworks! Oh My!! ;)

Let me break this down. June 30 Asher turned 4!! Holy Cow that boy is growing up fast! July 2 Mary G turned more smack down awesome! July 4 mom and dad celebrated 29 years of marriage oh and I guess it was a national holiday! ;)

So, July 3rd we spent the afternoon/evening in Woodstock with Mary, Scottie, Liz, Madison and Asher. We went on an adventure down to the river and did some exploring!

Scottie, Liz and Raymond ventured out a little further to look for rocks.

Mary and I stayed back by the shore with the kids.

I love the light and playfulness in these next two!

:)

Raymond coming back with his bounty of rocks!

There were these gorgeous blue iridescent dragonflies down stream in the shade! So cool!

A little family shot in the river.

When we got back and rinsed off the river water, we had a fabulous meal and got down to the business of Birthday presents and cake!

Awesome cake that Lizzy brought!

Oh yeah and of course there were party favors!

Love that face!

My husband is so cool!

Asher was definitely pleased with this year's presents!

The Birthday King!

And of course the beautiful Queen!

I love these next two! Couldn't choose! :)

After presents and cake we headed over to the fairgrounds for the fireworks!
I love this of Bootiful Lizzy!

All of Woodstock came out for the big show!

We were definitely not disappointed!

The next day, Sunday the 4th, we went to church for a big outdoor service to celebrate the 4th as well as the 30th anniversary of the church! It was a good time and we were able to meet some new families!

After church, mom and dad came over and we had a cookout and then headed over to Stephens City to see the fireworks there. We got there early and just enjoyed the evening sitting in the shade in the park.

So cute!

The park was packed! There was a stage with bands, lots of food stands, several bounce house types of games and people everywhere! It was quite an event!

The handsome couple!

Still so cute and happy after 29 years!

Sometimes I find myself staring at my amazing husband and I'm overwhelmed with love! He is gorgeous inside and out and I thank God everyday for the blessing that this man is to me!

Thank you so much mom for taking this picture! This is my favorite picture of us in awhile!

We hope that everyone had a happy and safe 4th! We leave for the beach Saturday morning! We are so excited to get some time away and to have such a nice break from work for Raymond. I'll try to post some along the way. If not, then there will be quite a few posts when we get back on the 18th! Have a great week... stay cool!

No comments: