Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Finally Some Company!

Soo, time for a little catch up.  This past Thursday evening we had our first dinner party with my parents and sister.  Unfortunately, we didn't get any pictures from that, but I think my mom did.  I may have to post those later.  Claire was home from school on her fall break so it was really nice to get to see her.  Our oven conked out the day before so we had to make the entire meal in the toaster oven.  Surprisingly, it worked pretty well.  Although mom and dad had to go home that night, Claire stayed over so that she could go on to JMU to visit some friends the next day.  

Then, on Friday, Raymond and I got the house ready for more visitors.  Though they came much later than expected, it was so wonderful to get to see my best friend Jamie and to meet her new boyfriend Ryan.  We stayed up way too late Friday night having fun and telling stories.  The next day we took them around town and then to Woodstock.  Mary took us all for ice cream, which was wonderful and then the four of us went on to the Woodstock Tower!
Raymond and I are experimenting with my mom's old camera and got some really great shots with it this weekend.  I'll try to let you know which shots are with which camera, but the quality is pretty clear.  Here's a glimpse at some of the fun!

Mary's house.


Eating ice cream.  It was a little chilly! ;)


Sticky fingers!


Capturing the beauty!



Soo pretty




Jamie and Ryan at the top of the Tower!


Gotta love that view!


My hubby capturing some great shots...  To follow


These next few are with the new Minolta!
My Hubby has a great eye!





I snagged this one on the way back to the car!  I love it!!


Raymond making me look good!


I love this one I got of Raymond in the woods!


Raymond took the rest of these...
Mary peeking out the window when we got back!



Classic!  My best friend is soo pretty! ;)




We had a wonderful time!!  I miss my James already!
Sunday morning after they left, Raymond and I had a little adventure of our own, but that's for another post!

I think we make a good photography team! :)
More to come soon!
Love you all!

1 comment:

Jane Phillips said...

Yes! You both DO make a great photography team! I AGREE!!! :-)