I believe it's been about a year since I last posted. I am so sorry for my lack of communication in this space. There has been so much happening to our little family in the last year, and I guess this is one of the things that I let slip. In February, we celebrated Robert's 2nd birthday with a party at home with special friends and family. We also found out in February that Robert is going to be a big brother. I am not going to be able to share all the pictures from all of the events that have happened since then, because it's just too much. However, I'd like to share some highlights to catch you all up.
My due date was October 16th. We are now one week and one day over that. We are hopeful that labor will still start on its own, but if it doesn't we are scheduled for induction this coming Tuesday morning. I am grateful for your prayers as we wait for this sweet baby to come and join our family. We still do not know whether we are having a boy or a girl, and are very anxious at this point to finally know who this precious child is.
 |
| Our little family with Robert's cake and cupcakes |
 |
| Blowing out his candle |
 |
| A little homemade photo booth fun! |
 |
| On his actual birthday. I can't believe how much he has changed since these were taken! |
 |
| The boy loves his fire trucks and all other trucks |
 |
| cupcake |
 |
| Yumm! |
Here are some pictures of Foster Baby number 2, who has affectionately been known as Bananas Foster for the last several months.
 |
| Our first ultrasound confirming the pregnancy |
 |
| Waiting for our second ultrasound |
 |
| This was the best profile shot they could get. Bananas was not very cooperative for the camera. |
 |
| Little foot |
 |
| Face |
 |
| spine |
And now some pictures from summer, and our professional maternity shoot as well as one other shoot that we did just us and the tripod and clicker up on Skyline Drive.
 |
| These two at the beach crack me up. They are both so Robert! |
 |
| :) |
 |
| Oh how I love our little family! |
 |
| My boys! |
 |
| New favorite picture of them! |
 |
| My Little Love and me |
 |
| Thankful for my sweet husband who finds a way to make me feel pretty in the pictures he takes |
 |
| So glad we could capture part of the pregnancy at the beach |
 |
| Not the best picture, but I love it anyway |
These are all from the professional photographer. You can check her out on Facebook or online. Jessica Smith Photography. She is very accommodating and easy to work with. I was so excited that we got to take these pictures in Woodstock at and around Mary's house. It was very special to capture this time in our lives in a place that has so much meaning and history to the family.
 |
| If there is one thing that is true of our little family, it is that there is a lot of laughter! |
 |
| Hiding from Daddy |
 |
| But he caught him! |
 |
| I'm glad we could find some fall color even if it wasn't leaves. |
 |
| I love this sequence of us sitting on the wall together |
 |
| I've always loved this side porch |
 |
| Had to get some with Daddy's Corvette! |
 |
| Like father like son |
 |
| Then we went over to a farm up the road |
 |
| Robert kept telling us that there were cows inside this building |
 |
| Bellies!! |
 |
| Belly bump! |
 |
| This sequence of my boy and me is another set of favorites! |
 |
| Love my sweet boys! |
 |
| Little booties for Bananas (this is also the color theme for the nursery) I'll have to do a post on that after Bananas is here! |
 |
| Then of course we had to get a Banana split in honor of Bananas (and because we love Katie's!) |
 |
| He loves to share! |
Alright, the rest of these are from a few weeks ago when the three of us drove up to Skyline Drive. It was a beautiful evening and pretty chilly, which us Fosters love! God could not have painted a more beautiful backdrop for these pictures, and I am so grateful for the time we had and the love that we captured in such a short amount of time.
 |
| We started with some pretty light |
 |
| Got some sweet kisses from my boy |
 |
| Love |
 |
| Our little wandering photo bomber ;) |
 |
| Then the light got crazy golden and amazing! This started as a photo bomb, but has become one of my absolute favorites from the shoot! |
 |
| It was like the entire field just lit up! |
 |
| Again, I'm so grateful for my super talented husband who makes me feel beautiful and can capture such amazing images! |
 |
| Another favorite! |
 |
| Poor buddy was freezing!! |
 |
| Oh how I love snuggles from this sweet boy! |
 |
| We can't wait to meet you Bananas! Hopefully very soon!!! |
My hope is that I will be sending another post or at least an email update in the next few days revealing the gender and name of our sweet, stubborn Bananas Foster! Thank you for loving us both near and far and especially for praying us through these last few long and anxious weeks of waiting. We love you all dearly and are blessed to call you our family and friends!
No comments:
Post a Comment