Saturday, January 28, 2012

Lanterns and Thankfulness

This is another combo post, though it only combines two events this time.  We have for your viewing pleasure, 11-11-11, and Thanksgiving.  Please enjoy!

11-11 was special this year because it was 11-11-11.  We drove down to Nags Head that Friday night and met Scottie and the kids just before the big event.  Scottie had found these awesome paper lanterns.

We got down on the beach and started lighting the lanterns and getting them up

It was pretty cool to watch them float away across the water.


Awesome!


The next morning we met for breakfast and then took a walk on the beach.

And did some seashell hunting


Tala was not as interested in the shells as trying to get as deep into the sand as possible.

She's so funny!

Stopped for some family photos under the pier.



Then we headed over the Wright Brothers Memorial

Even Tala enjoyed learning about the history of flight! ;)

The statue of the plane was definitely a hit!

Tala wanted to see things from his perspective.

Love that sweet boy!
And now moving on to Thanksgiving!  I hope this isn't too jumbled.  But I am determined to try to get as caught up as I can before this sweet baby arrives.
I think this is the only time I haven't worried about looking big next to Claire! :)

Last Thanksgiving as a two-some.

We did Thanksgiving with my family the night before and then drove down to Charlottesville that morning to celebrate with the rest of the crew!

The kids decided to put on a play about the Native Americans, it got a little silly...

I think he was supposed to be hunting for food.

Eventually the play dissolved into giggles and these guys took over and I'm not really sure what happened but I think Raymond won!

And then this happened! :)
Overall our November was full of fun and unique experiences with our family for whom we are always incredibly thankful!

No comments: